Posted by Janet
ok – so i lied -
We need some help testing the Miro 1.2 release candidate builds.
Last night Will posted the rc0 builds for the upcoming 1.2 release. There are some interesting bug fixes and updates included in this release as well as some serious behind the scenes changes.
Most interesting are some of the enhancements we have made to the preferences.
- We have added the highly-requested feature to allow a global option to control channel autodownload settings.
- Separate preferences to control manual and automatic simultaneous downloads.
- The ability on linux to toggle between the xine and gstreamer backends.
- A preference to set the torrent upload ratio.
There were also some big changes to fundamental parts of the application. They shouldn’t have any obvious effects but definitely require thorough testing prior to release. This includes:
- Frontend – Backend reorganization (devs can check out Ben’s blog on this)
- Update to VLC 0.8.6e (affecting windows)
- Update to Perian 1.1 (affecting os x)
- Update to XULRunner 1.9 (affecting windows)
The release notes draft contains a more complete summary of the changes.
Please lend a hand
As usual the builds are located on the nightlies page.
The tests are located in the litmus regression testing.
For more ways to help – please check out the QA wiki.