Posted by Janet
We have gotten to the point where we can use a lot more volunteers to help us with the Miro 2.0 nightly build testing. If you haven’t run any formal regression tests in the past – or are completely new to the testing team, here are some steps to get you started.
- Go to the Litmus login page and create a new account – or sign in with your already existing one.
- Login to litmus and select a test run from the list of Active Test Runs.
The recommended test run is marked with a yellow star.
- Specify your testing configuration. Toggle the radio button that matches your platform, select the OS from the pulldown menu, specify your locale setting and click submit configuration. If you don’t see an option relevant to your configuration, please contact me directly (jed at pculture dot org) or comment here.
- Choose your testgroup and subgroup. For new testers, it is recommended that you start with the ‘Quicktest’ group and ‘The Basics’ subgroup.
- Follow the instructions and mark each test Pass or Fail.
An irc nickname isn’t required however it will be be the preferred identifier in results reporting and can help prevent your email or real name from being published.
Here are a few extra helpful hints:
- Use the Show All button on the right to expand the text of all the test cases.
- If you think you found a bug, click the View button to the right of a test case. It will show you all reported results for that test case and list any bugs associated.
If you encounter a new bug, please report it. The Miro Help menu has a Report a Bug option. Once you have created the bug, please Include the bug # in the test case results and add a brief comment about your finding.